Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First day of KINDERGARTEN!!!

Jackson's first day of kindergarten was a success! He was so ready this morning when he woke up. He told me he was going to meet some new friends, go to recess, eat lunch in a cafeteria, etc... On Sunday we made sure that we had all of his clothes picked out for the week. This is something we are going to continue for the rest of the year. So far (after one day) it has been a great system! All summer I've had mixed emotions about my first baby going to 'big school'. By the end of the summer...I was completely ready. Last week I was excited, almost giddy, for Jackson to be starting school and getting back into a routine. I thought for sure it would be an easy drop-off. Let me back-track real quick. Last week we had meet the teacher. We brought Jackson's school supplies, looked around the school, got to meet his teacher and see the classroom, and filled out some paperwork. I was excited to show Jackson all of the fun things he would be doing this year! It was an easy, fun day! Back to today...As we approached Jackson's classroom, I felt the tears coming. What?! Me? What's happening? I had to bite my tongue so Jackson would not see me cry. A giant wave of emotions just hit me. I am so happy for my little man to be starting school, but these past 5, almost 6 years, have just FLOWN by. Jackson had a great first day of school. He was happy to tell me what they did today, crafts, recess, lunch and snack. :) But the greatest thing of all? He is ready to go back tomorrow. Yay! I think it's going to be a great year. We are all excited to see what Jackson is going to learn. He is most excited about learning to read on his own. As we were leaving the school today, Kendall looked up at Paul and told him that she is really going to miss Jackson while he is in school. Awww!


Some before school shots:

So handsome and grown up!

First day of school outfit, check! Hair, check! Backpack, check! Hair, check!

Jackson is very into styling his hair these days...it's so cute...and funny!
My sweet boy




Jackson and Daddy





Matthew made it into a picture!

Walking to his classroom. He remembered the way!

Here we are!




1 comment:

mom2mom said...

Awww....great post! He is so dang cute, that spikey hair is awesome! So glad he had a great first day and is excited to go back. Our babies are in Kindergarten...ahhhhhh! I think we definitely need to have a Starbucks therapy session once a week until we come to terms with it ;)